Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s face it. Most of us are really not well versed in the subject of memorials. Unfortunately, when the time comes grieving family members are often overwhelmed with agonizing choices and decisions. We will provide you with quick and concise answers to questions ranging from styles and options to time-honored customs and family traditions.
- Q - I am uncomfortable dealing on-line with faceless entities.
- A - We are a local reputable dealer. You can visit us at our showroom or we can provide you with references upon request. (914) 448-3800
- Q - My funeral home sells monuments. They served me well with the funeral, why should I consider purchasing a monument elsewhere?
- A - They are funeral specialists not monument specialists. We specialize in monuments only. We provide a superior product at a better price. You may email us their quote and we will show you how we can do better.
- Q - My funeral director recommended a specific dealer, why should I consider using someone else?
- A - Be an educated consumer. Compare quality and price. We do not pay any funeral home commissions for their recommendations. Our prices are therefore lower. You may email us their quote and we will show you how we can do better.
- Q - When should a monument be ordered?
- A - Whenever one begins to think about a monument is a good time to start researching and ordering the monument. There are many factors involved and initiating the order early on is better than trying to rush the process later.
- Q - When should a monument be installed?
- A - The time for installing a monument is dependent on the family and how soon they order. If one has no specific custom, any time within the year is acceptable.
- Q - How long does it take to install the monument?
- A - Valhalla Memorials generally completes a monument within 12 weeks. We can accommodate rush orders and have a monument carved and installed in as soon as one week. Depending on the season, we may need to store the monument until the cemetery completes the foundation (restrictions may apply).
- Q - What type of materialization do I need? I don’t know where to begin. Can you help me?
- A - There many variables. It depends on the cemetery and the location within the cemetery. Give us a call and we will guide you in the right direction.
- Q - Can you guide me with what to write on the monument?
- A - That is one of our specialties. We can guide you to create an inscription that will express your feelings in English, Spanish, Hebrew, Polish, Chinese, etc.
- Q - I live in another state or country. Can I still order with you?
- A - Regardless of where you live you can order from Valhalla Memorials for any Cemetery.
- Q - How do I copy an existing monument for a family member interred nearby?
- A - We will go to the grave site. Photos, rubbing and measurements will be taken of the existing headstone to assure an accurate duplicate. We will contact you with the information.
- Q - How do I get the second side of an existing double headstone inscribed?
- A - We will go to the grave-site. Photos, rubbing and measurements will be taken of the existing headstone to assure an accurate duplicate. We will contact you with the information.
- Q - I heard that the on-line monuments cannot just be shipped to a cemetery. A professional local installer has to be hired. How do I get my monument delivered and “installed?”
- A - As a full service monument company, we not only design, fabricate and sell. We oversee the entire process including installation at no additional charge.
Don’t find your question answered here?
Give us a call at (914) 448-3800 , and speak to us today!